Uber Lansing offers two vehicle options in the Lansing, Michigan area, including:
1. UberX (a low-cost option which seats up to four passengers)
2. UberXL (a low-cost ride which seats up to six passengers)
Uber Lansing Rates
Uber Lansing: the current rates for these services:
Base Fare: $1
Per Minute: $0.15
Per Mile: $1
Cancellation Fee: $5
Service Fee: $1.35
Base Fare: $2
Per Minute: $0.25
Per Mile: $1.90
Cancellation Fee: $7
Service Fee: $1.35
How to Become an Uber Driver in Lansing
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid US driver’s license (all US States accepted).
- Drivers must pass a full state & federal screening
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
UberX/XL Vehicle Requirements:
As a company, Uber doesn’t own or operate any vehicles (all Uber Vehicles are driver-owned or leased). If you want to drive for Uber, you have to use your own private vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2001 or newer (*15 years or less, counting from the current year.)
- You must have a clean title (no salvage vehicles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be In excellent condition (cosmetically & mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a former taxi vehicle, or large van.
- All of the points listed above apply equally to XL.
- All XL vehicles must seat the driver AND at least 6 additional passengers
- UberX/XL document requirements:
- All Uber drivers must provide these documents for their Uber account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Insurance (vehicular insurance must list a vehicle & driver’s name directly on the policy document itself)
Your driver’s license should clearly show these items:
- License Issue Date
- Your license number
- Your Date of Birth (DOB). You must be 21 Years of Age (or older) to be an Uber Driver
- License Expiry Date
Your registration must be current, not expired.
Drivers must have current Personal Automobile Insurance and it must meet the following requirements:
Insurance from the State of Michigan (No-Fault Automobile Insurance)
Insurance must be current & valid
Insurance must list driver as an insured driver on the vehicle
Driver’s name must be on the insurance card for the vehicle –
If driver’s name is NOT on the insurance card, driver MUST be listed as a driver on the insurance policy the vehicle is covered under
If your name is not on the insurance card but is on the policy, you MUST upload the entire policy to your Uber account.
Uber Inspection Requirements:
Your car must be inspected by a certified mechanic. Consult your local Lansing Greenlight location (address below).
Uber Lansing Greenlight Location:
Uber Lansing Michigan Contact Support Email: