Uber Hoover: The company currently offers two services in Hoover, Alabama:
UberX (a low-cost option which seats up to four passengers).
UberXL (a low-cost ride which seats up to six passengers).
The current rates for Hoover services are as follows:
Base Fare: $1.75
Per Minute: $0.18
Per Mile: $1.20
Cancellation Fee: $5
Service Fee: $5
Base Fare: $4.50
Per Minute: $0.25
Per Mile: $1.65
Cancellation Fee: $0
Service Fee: $1.30
How to Become an Uber Driver in Hoover:
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid AL driver’s license.
- Drivers must pass a screening process (details below)
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
UberX/XL Vehicle Requirements:
As a company, Uber doesn’t own or operate any vehicles (all Uber Vehicles are driver-owned or leased). If you want to drive for Uber, you have to use your own vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2005 or newer.
- You must have a clean title (no salvage vehicles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be in excellent condition (cosmetically & mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a large van, or a former or current taxi vehicle.
- All of the points listed above apply equally to XL.
- All XL vehicles must seat the driver AND at least 6 additional passengers.
UberX/XL document requirements:
- All Uber drivers must provide these documents for their Uber account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license (DMV License)
- Vehicle Registration (Copy of Registration Card)
Your driver’s license should clearly show these items: License Issue Date, your license number, your Date of Birth (DOB – you must be 21 Years of Age or older to be an Uber Driver), and the License Expiry Date
Alabama Vehicle Registration:
Proof of Vehicle Insurance:
Uber Vehicle Inspection:
You will have to get your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanics.
Get in touch with Uber ([email protected]) in order to find an auto-body shop in the area at a discounted price.
- Monday-Friday: 8-10am and 5-8pm
- Friday: 7pm-3am
- Saturday: 7pm-3am
- Sunday: 11am-10pm
Birmingham – Shuttlesworth International Airport:
Shuttles worth uses a FIFO system for rideshare drivers (i.e., ”First-in-First-out). FIFO allows the driver who has been in the waiting zone the longest to receive the newest passenger request.
The blue box/lines in the map below indicate the TNC/Rideshare waiting area:
Shuttlesworth Airport Required Fees:
There is a $1.00 pickup fee. However, this fee does not affect drivers (cost is paid only by the rider).
Drivers Must Display ‘Trade Dress’ in order to pick up at Alabama’s Shuttlesworth Airport:
You can print a temporary Trade Dress ‘U’ Sign using this link.