Uber Abilene: There is currently one Uber service available in Abilene, Texas:
The current rates for Abilene services are as follows:
Base Fare: $2
Per Minute: $0.25
Per Mile: $1.50
Cancellation Fee: $5
Service Fee: $1.40
How to Become an Uber Driver in Abilene:
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid TX driver’s license (cannot be out of state).
- Drivers must pass a screening process (details below)
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
UberX Vehicle Requirements:
As a company, Uber doesn’t own or operate any vehicles (all Uber Vehicles are driver-owned or leased). If you want to drive for Uber, you have to use your own private vehicle.
- Your vehicle must have 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2005 or newer.
- You must have a clean title (no salvage vehicles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be In excellent condition (cosmetically & mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a former taxi vehicle, or large van.
UberX document requirements:
All Uber drivers must provide these documents for their Uber account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle Registration
- Vehicle Insurance (vehicular insurance must list a vehicle & driver’s name directly on the policy document itself)
Once your driver’s license has been submitted and approved by Uber (and your account is activated), you will be asked to enter your social security number in the Driver Dashboard system. This will allow new drivers to undergo a screening process (the process is provided by a third-party system called Checkr, which will contact you directly. You can look into the status of your application here: applicant.checkr.com).
Your driver’s license should clearly show these items:
- License Issue Date
- Your license number
- Your Date of Birth (DOB). You must be 21 Years of Age (or older) to be an Uber Driver
- License Expiry Date
Your insurance cannot be out of state (unlike some other states, your insurance MUST be from Texas)
Uber Abilene Vehicle Registration
Your vehicle registration must be from Texas. It must be current, and clearly indicate:
- Expiry date
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Year
- VIN (which should match your insurance records).
If your name is listed on your insurance, then your name DOES NOT have to appear on your vehicle registration (i.e., it can be the vehicle of a friend or family member).
Temporary registration documents (from new vehicle purchases) are permitted, but permanent vehicle registration documents must be uploaded after the temporary term has ceased.
Uber Partner Support
- If you need to get in touch with Uber’s Partner Support, you can contact staff using this address: [email protected]