Check out our guide to Uber in Halifax, Nova Scotia:
1. UberX (A basic option which seats up to four passengers.)
The current Uber rates for Halifax are as follows:
Base Fare: CAD $6
Per Minute: CAD $0.95
Per Km: CAD $1.05
Cancellation Fee: CAD $10
Service Fees: CAD $0
Requirements for Becoming an Uber Driver in Halifax
- Driver must be at least 21 years of age
- Drivers must provide valid driver’s license
- Drivers must have an accepted vehicle (check below for additional info)
- Driver must undergo a screening process through third-party provider Checkr
- Proof of Work Document (citizenship card, residency card, work permit, birth certificate, sin card)
Uber Vehicle Requirements:
- Your vehicle must be a black luxury sedan with 4 doors (which open independently).
- Your vehicle must be entirely black – black leather interiors, and black exteriors.
- Your vehicle must be from the year 2006 or newer.
- You must have a clean title (no salvage titles are allowed).
- Your vehicle must be in excellent condition (cosmetically, as well as structurally/mechanically).
- Your vehicle cannot be a taxi-cab or a full-sized van.
Uber document requirements:
All Uber drivers must provide these documents for their Uber account to be officially activated:
- Valid driver’s license
- Vehicle Title/Registration
- Vehicle Insurance (vehicular insurance must list a vehicle & driver’s name directly on the policy document itself)
- City-Required Vehicle Inspection Certification
To drive for Uber in Halifax, you must have a valid driver’s license. Make sure your name is on the license (and that your license has not gone past its expiry date).
You’ll need to provide a photo of your license plate (including current/non-expired tabs), or your vehicle’s title documents.
If you have purchased a new vehicle recently but have not received its title, Uber accepts bills of sale, temporary license plates, application for title/registration, or license plates (with current/non-expired tags).
You must upload proof of insurance, which lists your name (as a driver), in addition to the vehicle you will be driving. Your insurance won’t be approved if you, personally, are not listed as the vehicle’s driver. Make sure your insurance has not gone out of date.
Proof of Work Document:
(citizenship card, residency card, work permit, birth certificate, sin card)
Driver Screening via Checkr
The Uber Screening Process for new drivers can be completed either ONLINE or IN-PERSON at a partner-support centre.
- Online Instructions (Before completing the online screening, you’ll have to start the sign-up process. Click here to sign-up and receive a guaranteed cash bonus through out referral).